This image was taken by www.photoboudreau.com

Sunday, June 1, 2008

NYC

Biking through New York City

George Washington Bridge, a very monumental point in my journey. I grew up in Upstate New York, and arriving in NewYork was sort of like a realization that I had actually pedaled my bicycle from Florida to NewYork. It was overcast and drizzling as I came over the transition.
Carnegie Hall, where my grandmother had sang many years ago. what did it feel like for her to approach this very same building, knowing that she'd go inside and sing her heart out. I spent a little time here, blown away. Here is the stage where I performed - Kenny's Castaway in Greenwich village
This night seemed very powerful in my awareness. more on this later...

New York City was bizarre to me. This was somewhat of a realization, how far I'd gotten, and how I far I'd gotten. One man I was inspired by pushed a huge cart in the street, and on the side of a plywood scrap was spray painted "no mas"

my hosts Matt and Trevor were so kind. I met them through warmshowers.org. They had a beautiful home in Chelsea.

There are many sweet bike paths around the city. Some of them were part of the east coast greenway. The next day I got very lost going out of the city and ended up on an island. I get lost most of the time, I often asked for directions, and ultimately I just look down at my compass and head north : )

No comments:

Wanna know where I'm performing next?


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast