This image was taken by www.photoboudreau.com

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Castle

No way, To break out of the cities sprawl!
How did I end up on rt 1? I called upon my friend Bill for direction. I was at a GAS station in Connecticut. He guided me through step by step, an outstanding journey leading though the marvels of the inner- state and into the safe back yard he grew up in. I wrote everything down carefully on the back of a scrap paper. Just as I was reading it back to him it flew out of my hands and up into the air above State Highway 1, which was full of traffic. I ran after it, trying to explain what the scenario was. I watched it go higher and higher and smiled in disbelief, and finally it slowly coasted down into the street where I stopped the "race" and safely picked it up. close one.


See that castle on the hill?
the ride over
the Gilletes Castle

Can you believe this? After 82 miles that day, I arrived here. I went up to the castle and was blown away! The ranger there was extremely kind to me. When I asked for his recommendation on a safe spot to set up my tent he gave me permission to stay here. He added, "you can even take the trail down if you'd like" I took the trail down the from the little mountain and thought back to his words describing the spot, "It's right at the end after the picnic tables and everything, there's a little clearing and flat ground right on the water."
I waded in the water and admired the views.

No comments:

Wanna know where I'm performing next?


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast