This image was taken by www.photoboudreau.com

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

portsmouth and surrounding areas


I met my new friend inside of a MacDonald's. I think he may have been cleaning a window. He appeared to be some sort of super hero, and we spoke briefly about things that matter. He truly inspired me and I asked if we could get a pic together.

this was taken by my friend Donna. It was the first time we met. She pulled over and asked if she could take a pic of me. Sure, I thought. She told me if I ever was in Canada to look her up. (Funny that's exactly where I'm heading)

sunken garden that used to be an old barn foundation

ready for the storm

This was one of the sweetest nights. At the coffee shop I met a new friend Jeremy, that shared some interesting knowledge about the water crisis we are in. We rambled for a while, and he was telling me of a sweet farm in the country I could visit and possibly camp in for the night. After meeting the life/farm creator of this land, I indulged in fresh greens he picked straight from the ground, also Kole robbie, a spicy and earthy flavored veg. We sat in the land and chatted. He gave me much freedom in showing me around the property and all the places I could camp. We stopped at the sunken garden, which I felt I must spend more time with. I set up my tent at the entrance so I could look across the fields. That evening I awoke to a thunder song. I sat up in a moment and admired the wrath of this storm. The most intense lightning I had ever been out in. It flashed like a symbol crashing with rhythmic thunder beets behind it. One after the other after the other... The lighting dancing about the field, putting on a grand show. Garen the morning after picking me fresh lettuce from his farm
this is the structure i saw at the very end of the dirt road. By the sign I new I had made it to the back river farm.


In coming up through Portsmouth I thought I'd stop and grab some coffee. When searching through my notes I realized I had an interview with WSCA, Portsmouth Community Radio. There were many bridges in this area, and Josh at Pappa Wheelies was helpful in getting me on local bike routes. They also donated a set of riding gloves to me. Since I lost mine in New York, I've been riding with out or with 1/2 ace bandages. Thanks Josh!

No comments:

Wanna know where I'm performing next?


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast