This image was taken by www.photoboudreau.com

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Philly

I can't believe I'm in the city, Philadelphia.








Here's the street my gig is on, I can't believe my eyes




Imagine Rolling into this, after Rolling off the Blue Ridge Parkway and through the hills of northern Pennsylvania.



where it all went down



Hey Sean



(one of the very talented musicians that performed at Lickedy Splits with me that night) The show was a blast, I met a lot of interesting people that night, and I enjoyed watching the other bands play.

no matter where I am, I find room for my tent OUTside, even in this inner city backyard.




Wow! it's a lot to be in the city after all those mountains. I feel my senses are heightened and my surroundings are so intense. Lovely to be here. Penn. was a fun state to come across. Lots and lots of rolling hills and Landscapes imprinted in my mind. textures created deep below the surface.
I really liked this city. But it was much different from the south, and I was taking it in. It felt abrupt. Yesterday I'm in the hills, today I spent over 3 hours at the Sprint store getting a phone repair. The women was astonished that I waited there for so long. She couldn't believe I was smiling. She couldn't believe I wasn't angry.

My father often flys through Philly and has a friend that works at the airport. In their many conversations he had mentioned to him that I'd be traveling through Philly as part of my Tour. Rob extended the offer to host me while I was there. Thanks to Rob and friends.

The morning I headed out for New York, I was having coffee and felt overwhelmed by a sensation of some kind of media happening. I texted a friend about the feeling. When I walked out of the shop I met Ronnie Polaneczky. She and began to chat. I walked with her a few blocks to her office at the Philadelphia Daily News:
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/multimedia/19889339.html

No comments:

Wanna know where I'm performing next?


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast