This image was taken by www.photoboudreau.com

Friday, May 9, 2008

Welcome to the Jar!

On stage

see that teeter tauter in the back?
the garden and wild animals

This was a lot to take in. I may have to sit and think about how I really felt in this city. Lots happening. Thanks to Billy for scooping me off the main drag leading me through the ferocious stay alive and into the quiet quarters of his safe palace in Dooley.


ah Dooley
all the doors flew open and there was Carson, the pathfinder
She guided me through the gardens showing me where to find things, taught me about the honeysuckle, and eventually showed me a secret passage way that ended up in Ethiopia. Jordan led me through a forest of fresh new aromas, preparing for the feast, Alyssa was a beautiful hostess, and mysteriously every time I reached for my glass it was full again. and Billy, his words his thoughts streamlining into the waves of a question, provoking the heart of existence. He was full of truth and knowledge. At dark a fire on a sacred spot. The warmth it gave, the serenity. the grounding.

I performed a short set at the Charlotte bike-a-thon in the morn, and later a house party that Jordy set up. The afternoon was full of relaxation, reflection, and reality. The atmosphere at the cafe was truly inspiring, and I could have stayed there for days.

There was great talent at the house party later that day. Thanks to the other musicians that played and to Jordy for bringing it all together!

No comments:

Wanna know where I'm performing next?


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast