This image was taken by www.photoboudreau.com

Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Fabulous Lake Weir




This was amazing. From finding this little beach on a dead end road, to meeting the Ocala Sailing Club and letting them take me under their wing. That night they took me to dinner at the local grill. I sat with John and his daughter Serasti. She was the first person I noticed when I arrived at the beach, and kindly reached out to me by saying hello. It was that first gesture that triggered me to relax and slow down. It was great further chatting with her. Also a long time family friend, Charlene, the only female captain on the Ocala Sailing Club. They were to have a race the next day. They asked me to stay and see the race. I had never even been on a sail boat, how could I say no. I had the extra time, due to cutting out the west coast (which I had done because of physical problems I was having). I had a great sleep by the water. The next day we sailed, they raced, and then a feast. After the feast I performed in the little building, what a great turn out. That night, Ed and Lyn took me into their home. They offered a few times, I declined, but after the party was over and it got dark, a few young punks lingered in the park and would not leave. John and Ed insisted I go back with them. I am letting go of what I think I want and need, and rolling with the flow. When a door opens, let your mind open, let your worries fly out.


Unfortunetly I lost a lot of pics I took of this party. Only 2 remain. There is much more to this story, maybe I can expound another time. Also to Joan and Chris age 78 and 80, the origami will live on. I am excited to teach what they have taught me



No comments:

Wanna know where I'm performing next?


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast