This image was taken by www.photoboudreau.com

Friday, March 28, 2008

felt the need to sleep on water



What a great night. Stopped at Dundee library to pick up panniers that a friend ordered for me. I met Alan, another cyclist that road with me through some sketchy road work. That night I wanted to stay on the water. I passed through a very private community and then a park on a lake. This was a small lake. I didn't know if I should camp there because I think it was private and I went to both of the houses along side the park and got no answer. So i kept walking down the road and saw a house with a large and separate yard that might be a good candidate. I walked to the door and knocked. The people that stayed there had rented the house. They were there to attend a seminar and a few classes, each with their own agenda. They came from Canada, and were all tri-athletes. What an encouraging group of folks. In the morning they offered me coffee and shower, I accepted. Simon was particularly interested in the project, and purchased an album, and sent me on with fresh ginger root, a sure way to get a burst of energy when you truly need it.

No comments:

Wanna know where I'm performing next?


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast