This image was taken by www.photoboudreau.com

Thursday, March 27, 2008

lake wells



Unbelievable. Another long day of cycling. I almost passed Lake Wells when I saw this hotel that caught my eye. There was a ton of road construction and a hotel and restaurant in the middle of it. I was dirty, tired, and hungry, and the sun was starting to just go down. Why not, I thought to myself. I parked my bike outside and walked in. I explained my project, and asked if they'd be interested in sponsoring/hosting me for the night. The women at the counter looked at the man next to her. Yes. yes... yes! wow, I couldn't believe they were giving me a night. This was so exciting, I felt like I really needed a boost; a fresh start, a hot shower, a helping hand. The room was perfect, and I was able to pull my bike in. I dried my tent washed my clothes in the sink, took 2 showers. I walked to the restaurant next door and saw the manager again, Raj. Raj and Min sat at the table with their niece. They were truly interested in my trip and generously paid for my dinner. I admired her English accent and Raj's dry sense of humor. I graciously thanked them again for the stay in the room, it couldn't have been more appropriate.

No comments:

Wanna know where I'm performing next?


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast