This image was taken by www.photoboudreau.com

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Gaining knowledge in Gainesville




What a trip. I had extra time in Gainesville. I skipped the west coast when I realized some health issues and planned on getting care in Gainesville. So here I was. I really liked the town, but the cyclists were mad. Lots of college kids speeding through the streets and mainly sidewalks. Mostly all were going the wrong way with no helmets. Funny thing about this town was the beautiful bike lanes all over the city, except for the downtown area. I hardly ever saw a biker in them. Mostly they crowded side walks. Pedestrians seemed intimidated. It was a light hearted city. I enjoyed it. I tried getting seen by a doctor, but as I have found with almost every place I've called, no one wants to see you based on a letter from your lawyer and an insurrance claim number. I felt so frustrated, again. There is a war going on in healthcare. I still don't want to think about how it enrages me. I feel interupted, in my travels. How could I be following all the laws and be struck by a drunk driver with insurance and not be able to get health care. I have to remind myself how lucky I am to be walking, to be alive, to be on this trip. And all the people I have met, how they have helped me, healed me. Today my back is ok, and I am ok, well better than sitting in a cafe drinking coffee.
Where I stayed:Sleep Inn HotelChurchWarm showers.org friendfriend's brother's house

No comments:

Wanna know where I'm performing next?


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast