This image was taken by www.photoboudreau.com

Sunday, April 6, 2008

the show - Gainesville

the kickstand! the afterparty
very talented group!


After all this time in Gainesville, I'm now heading out. The show was great @ The kickstand.org. The night before I checked out the location a red brick establishment that was all the way to one side of main street. I got to the show early and met Gabe. My friend the Chiropractor, Dave, also showed up and they took me to lunch. Dave I met a few days before outside a music store where I desperately needed to replace my wet cardboard case for a plastic one, but didn't.He offered me a free session and helped stretch some of my problem areas. I also scored a shower at the gym he worked at, what an excellent resource. Gabe and Dave were both cyclists, and knew each other from working together at a local bike shop.

Now Gabe worked for Mr. Goodbike. Later before the show, he generously brought back lots of gear for me. I had literally had over a dozen flats so far, just on the few miles I have road. He suggested I get thicker tires and proceeded to go out and get them for me, along with tubes, and patch kits! wow! I wasn't sure what to say. Then he even put them on the bike. I felt it was a huge gesture of kindness and generosity on his part, and I really really needed the stuff. Thanks Gabe!

The show was great, I was a little nervous, and I felt I was overfull. There are even more stories of Gainesville, but I'll have to go on another time. Lets say, it was a great stop. After the show some of the other musicians invited me to an after party, what a neat group of individuals. I feel lucky to have met them, and encouraged by their jam session!

No comments:

Wanna know where I'm performing next?


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast