This image was taken by www.photoboudreau.com

Monday, July 13, 2009

Lewis!

So, I first met Lewis May 16th or so, on his bicycle heading East-north/east on Highway 11. I had just finished hiking Table Rock Mountain, and my friend Tommy and I were heading back when I saw a man on a loaded bicycle heading toward Pumkintown. After I hopped in my car I caught up with Lewis Gillard, the bicyclist. I asked where he'd been, where he was heading, and if had time to come back and share a hot meal at Red Clay Hill. He is from Socorro New Mexico and he's all ready travelled 2600 miles on bicycle! So he came back to tell me a little more of his travels, and me of mine.
Lewis has the courage to journey into the unknown and sold his possessions and hopped on a bike and headed somewhat east out of New Mexico. taken from his profile on crazyguyonabike.com
"Unhappy with the daily grind, unable to further subject himself to a regimen of working in the bee hive, our hero sets out on a journey to discover a lifestyle of living for today and never worrying about tomorrow."
The next day we went for a hike and had a fabulous dinner with my dear friends Randi and Cliff. The day after we biked up Caesar's Head and parted ways at the top. A few days later I got a message from Lewis that he had fallen and broke his thumb! He had to stop the trip and think of a different plan. I told him to come back to RCH and decide.
He then got on the Appalachian Trail to heal his thumb and continue his self-powered travel! More than 10 days of being in and he had to fly to New Mexico on an emergency. After spending a few weeks with family he flew up to Albany New York and spent a day there before riding back down to the south by car with me and helping me tremendously because I got the flu.





Today he got back on his bike to continue his journey to wherever he want .
If you see this man out on the road FEED him!! to see some of the interesting shots he's taking along his journey check out http://www.flickr.com/photos/vootriant/ Until next time Lewis!








No comments:

Wanna know where I'm performing next?


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast


Rachel%20VanSlyke
Quantcast